Friday, April 25, 2008

You Be the Judge: Who Should Be Fired First?

You can thank my employment at NEWSRADIO 610 WIOD for getting me fascinated with news anchor that do stupid things. Or in one case, stupid bloggers that assume things about newscasters(ok enough of me as Jim Carrey said "kicking my own asssss")

Here are two great ones that have/will probably result in termination. First, we have a Utica, New York meteorologist suffering from a "Tourette's Moment." And I don't know what's better, the sudden cursing(PARENTAL WARNING), or the smile afterwards.



While that one provides a mixture of horror and humor, this one actually fails the PC test. And I'm of the belief that too many things get assassinated by the PC police. But Dallas sportscaster Dale Hansen comparing the signing of Pacman Jones to Osama Bin Laden, yeah a bit too much.
Even if I would condone you egging Jerry Jones's house if you are a Cowboy fan, let's keep the Osama/Hitler references out of sports.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The weatherman is obviously going to get fired for that offense. That was truly shocking. Did he think he was going to get a "do over" or something?

The opinion piece by the Dallas sportscaster was pretty mild in comparison. I actually didn't mind the Osama reference. Where I thought he danced with the devil is in his comments about black men in prisons being no different then Pac man Jones, all they lacked was football skill.