Wednesday, March 19, 2008

NCAA Tourney Overview.....






First off, sorry for the week long hiatus. Captain Pneumonia(as opposed to Captain Planet) is to blame. Cant tell you how fun hot tea, soup, crackers, and sleep interrupted every 30 min is! I should be back on the air Friday, for those of you curious.

Now, to the more relevant issue for the masses. I'm mustering enough stretch to sneak in the Big Dance preview and Idol recap before the expiration date hits. We'll start with college hoops, or as Chris "Mad Dog" Russo says, college pumpkins. I don't want to turn in my man card yet with back to back Idol entries.

Here's a disclaimer before we get started. Because of the Heat schedule, I've watched maybe 10 college basketball games in their entirety. I lied. It's part due to the Heat, and part because college basketball, outside of the purity, has become a lousy sport to watch. I can dedicate an entire entry to this another time, but its become a three-point shootout with less and less coaching. You would think Craig Hodges is the president of the NCAA's....Point is as I hop off the soapbox, much of the prognostication is guesswork, which is what happens when the cleaning lady or soccer mom wins every year.

1st Round Upsets: Winthrop over Wash State, Temple over Mich State as the obligatory 5-12, San Diego over UCONN
Big Seeds that Could Go Down Early: Duke(2nd round), Wisconsin(2nd round), Kansas will be the first No. 1 seed ousted.
Dangerous Teams: Clemson, USC, Xavier, West Virginia
Final Four: UNC, UCLA, Stanford, Georgetown



Championship: There's no Florida to kick em out this time. This time, UCLA won't be denied. 69-65 they beat North Carolina to win the title and there's Love in the Air!
-I just wrote Jim Nantz's final call.......

No comments: